Cromer double death: Post mortem results revealed
A post mortem examination has confirmed that a council leader and his wife died from gunshot wounds.
Police said today that they were continuing to probe the double death on Sunday, which saw North Norfolk District Council leader Keith Johnson shoot his wife Andrea, then turn the gun on himself.
The incident happened at Compit Hills on the edge of Cromer, where this morning police tape was still cordoning off the couple's home and two neighbouring bungalows.
A police spokesman said: 'Officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Joint Major Investigation Team (MIT) are continuing with their detailed investigation.
'Local neighbourhood officers and police community support officers also remain at the scene and will be working with the MIT over the coming days to support and reassure their families and the wider community affected by these tragic events.'
You may also want to watch:
Police said formal identification of the two bodies was still to take place.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault