Cromer Christmas lights event hailed as best to date as thousands attend
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
The Cromer Christmas lights switch on was bigger and better than ever as the town's festive season got into full swing.
Thousands wrapped up against the winter weather as they headed to the seaside to witness reindeer prancing around the church and Christmas carols ringing out from speakers.
A Christmas market was also on throughout the day in the Parish Hall and on the high street.
Gary Dickenson, president of the Cromer Chamber of Trade said: 'Once again Cromer provides the best light switch on event in north Norfolk.
'We've welcomed thousands of people to the town across the day and helped them get ready for Christmas.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dickenson, who also sits on the town council's Christmas committee, said: 'This has been a fantastic joint effort from all teams on the Cromer Christmas Committee, including Cromer in Bloom, the Cromer Town Council, the Chamber of Trade, the Christmas lights team and the voluntary events organisers.'
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list