Cromer Academy students selected for UEA’s North Norfolk Partnership media team
Eight students from Cromer Academy were chosen to represent North Norfolk Partnership's media team at the Norfolk School Games last month.
The games were held at the University of East Anglia on June 18-19, with eight partnerships from regions around the county competing against each other.
The event involved over 2000 primary and secondary school students.
After the opening ceremony the media team was given the opportunity to interview former athlete and world record holder for javelin Steve Backley and Olympic gymnast Luke Folwell - special guests at the event.
A selection of Cromer Academy's athletes were also selected to represent North Norfolk as part of the track and field team.
You may also want to watch:
The students secured a gold, a silver and eight bronze medals and student Nyall Brown dominated the 1500m race to win a gold medal and also broke his own school record by 15 seconds to finish in 4.55 minutes.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 3 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 4 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 7 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 8 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 9 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 10 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit