Villagers face four-hour power cut because of rotten pole
- Credit: Submitted
Homes in a west Norfolk village will have their power turned off this week as engineers work to replace a rotten pole.
UK Power Networks will be carrying out critical maintenance work to its electricity network in the Main Road area in Crimplesham, near Downham Market, on Friday, May 21.
A spokesperson said as a result they would turn off electricity supplies to 31 customers in the village between 9am and 1pm.
They added: "All customers who will be affected were notified in advance so they can make alternative arrangements if necessary.
"We apologise for any inconvenience caused while this work to maintain power supplies in the area is carried out.
You may also want to watch:
UK Power Networks said work to reconnect power supply to resident's homes would be done as early as possible but any unexpected problems would cause interruption to continue for longer than the times given.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed