Woman remains in serious condition following suspected murder attempt
- Credit: Archant
A woman remains in a serious condition following a suspected attempted murder last week.
Police were called just after 11.35pm on Monday, September 9 following reports a woman had been attacked at a property on Victoria Road, in Lowestoft.
On arrival officers discovered Sarah Crush, who is aged in her 30s, had suffered serious a serious head injury. She was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge via air ambulance.
Stephen Crush, 59, of Victoria Road was subsequently arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning. The following day, he was charged with attempted murder.
Crush appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court on September 11. He spoke only to confirm his details during the short hearing.
You may also want to watch:
The case was sent to Ipswich Crown Court to be heard on October 9. He was remanded in custody until the next hearing.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children