Hunt continues for group of men who threw stones at woman
- Credit: Archant
Investigations are continuing after a woman was injured when rocks were thrown at her by a group of men.
Police are seeking witnesses in connection with the assault of the woman in her 20s in Lowestoft.
The woman suffered facial injuries after rocks were thrown at her by a group of men as she walked along Yarmouth Road.
It happened about 7pm on Friday, October 23 as the woman was assaulted after four men threw stones and rocks on Yarmouth Road, close to the Methodist Church.
One of the stones hit the woman’s right cheekbone, leaving a swollen red cheek.
You may also want to watch:
The suspects were all described as wearing black clothing and trainers.
A police spokesman said: “Enquiries are ongoing.”
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 3 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 4 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 5 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 6 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 7 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 8 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
- 9 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods
- 10 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious behaviour at the time or knows who was responsible should contact Lowestoft police, quoting 37/61746/20, on 101 or email Lily.PALMER@suffolk.pnn.police.uk
Alternatively contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100 per cent anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org