Woman charged after knife found in handbag in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A woman is due in court after police seized a knife with a 30cm blade found in a handbag following a stop and search in Norwich.
Norwich Police tweeted on Saturday that intelligence from a member of the public led to them stopping a woman, 43.
The officers from the Norwich East Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) found a 30cm silver blade.
They shared an image of the blade with the tweet - branding it a 'nasty weapon'.
The tweet said: "Another particularly nasty weapon off our streets tonight.
You may also want to watch:
"Public-provided intelligence led to Norwich East SNT officers stop-searching a female, 43, and finding this in her handbag.
"She's currently awaiting interview."
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 9 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 10 Do you recognise this man?
It has since emerged that the person has been charged in connection with the offence and remanded to Norwich Magistrates Court on Monday (June 24).