Driver found slumped behind steering wheel almost four times legal limit for alcohol
- Credit: Archant
A motorist who was found slumped behind the wheel of a car has been arrested after providing a reading of almost four times the legal limit for alcohol.
On Saturday, January 4, Fenland police discovered a person slumped over the steering wheel of a vehicle in Wisbech St Mary, near Wisbech.
The driver, whose gender has not been disclosed, then provided a breathalyser reading of 131ug of alcohol on 100ml of breath. The legal limit to get behind the wheel is 35ug/100ml of breath.
Posting on Twitter on Sunday, a Fenland police officer wrote: "Officers found a driver slumped behind the wheel of a car yesterday in Wisbech St Mary.
"Driver arrested providing a reading of 131 (limit 34) driver arrested for a number of offences and taken to the PIC [sic]."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 6 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach