Watch the moment man admitted killing David Hastings in Norwich
- Credit: Norfolk Constabulary
This is the moment murderer Rolands Heinbergs was caught on camera by police admitting he had killed David Hastings in Norwich.
Mr Hastings, 48, of Long Row, Norwich, had met with a friend in the city on the evening of Friday, June 22 2018.
Later that night they walked down Prince of Wales Road together, making a stop at the public toilets on Rose Lane.
Just after midnight on Saturday, June 23, they both began to walk away from the toilets when Mr Hastings was stabbed by Heinbergs in a fatal, unprovoked attack.
Police were deployed to search the area and a short time later two officers stopped a man fitting a description of the suspect with blood on his hands.
You may also want to watch:
As the trial at Norwich Crown Court heard, Heinbergs made significant comments admitting to the murder.
PC Wayne Stocking told the jury he heard Heinbergs say "it was me that had killed him'."
- 1 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 4 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder