Warrant issued for arrest of woman who previously assaulted a paramedic and police officers in Norwich
A warrant has been issued for the arrest of a woman who failed to appear in court after previously being sentenced for assaulting a paramedic, two members of the public and three police officers.
Carmen Gugu, 32, had been given a community order for 12 months, with 20 days rehabilitation activity requirement when she appeared before magistrates last month.
It followed a 'spree of offending' in July this year when, a paramedic, two members of the public and three police officers were assaulted in Norwich.
But after being sentenced Gugu, of no fixed abode, was due back before city magistrates on Wednesday (October 10) to face charges of failing to comply with a community order.
Gugu has been charged with failing to report without reasonable excuse on September 18, failing to provide suitable evidence for her reasons for absence and that she failing to maintain contact since September 13 this year.
You may also want to watch:
Gugu did appear at court during the day but left before her case was heard.
A warrant for her arrest was subsequently approved by the court.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
As previously reported, a woman had been walking down the road when she saw Gugu running across Barrack Street in Norwich with blood coming from her nose.
Gugu started shouting at a man before taking off her clothes and climbing onto the bonnet of his car.
Gugu then got off and started to get dressed before the incident, on July 16 this year, continued.
The ambulance service had already been called but a paramedic who tried to help was punched in the mouth 'causing a small cut'.
Gugu ran towards St James' Close where she punched another woman twice in the face. Police were called to the scene but she kicked out at the officers and spat at them.
She had to be taken to the ground because of her behaviour but was still able to hit one of the officers in the side of the face, the court heard. When in custody she continued to kick off and spat out.
Gugu, of no fixed address, had admitted three counts of assault and three of assaulting a constable in the execution of their duty in the same date. She had also admitted being in breach of a conditional discharge and a further offence of possessing heroin.