Hang up warning amid Norfolk ‘car accidents’ cold call con
- Credit: Archant
Cold callers have been trying to con people in Norfolk about 'recent car accidents'.
Watchdogs at Norfolk Trading Standards said they had received a number of reports from people in the county who have received the recorded message cold calls.
The message talks about a 'recent car accident' and asks a series of questions, with gaps left for responses.
After that, the calls are then likely to be connected to a call handler, who will attempt to gather personal, vehicle and financial details.
A spokesman for Norfolk Trading Standards said: "We always advise people to be very wary of claims made during telephone cold calls.
You may also want to watch:
"If you receive this or a similar recorded message call, our advice is do not interact with the call and hang up."
People who have received a telephone cold call which they believe to be a scam can report it to Trading Standards via their partners, the Citizens Advice consumer helpline, on 03454 04 05 06.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Man and woman found dead in home
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'