Hang up warning amid Norfolk ‘car accidents’ cold call con
- Credit: Archant
Cold callers have been trying to con people in Norfolk about 'recent car accidents'.
Watchdogs at Norfolk Trading Standards said they had received a number of reports from people in the county who have received the recorded message cold calls.
The message talks about a 'recent car accident' and asks a series of questions, with gaps left for responses.
After that, the calls are then likely to be connected to a call handler, who will attempt to gather personal, vehicle and financial details.
A spokesman for Norfolk Trading Standards said: "We always advise people to be very wary of claims made during telephone cold calls.
You may also want to watch:
"If you receive this or a similar recorded message call, our advice is do not interact with the call and hang up."
People who have received a telephone cold call which they believe to be a scam can report it to Trading Standards via their partners, the Citizens Advice consumer helpline, on 03454 04 05 06.
- 1 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 7 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 10 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients