Two men stabbed in fight outside shop
- Credit: Archant
A daylight brawl among a gang armed with knives ended with two men stabbed and bleeding at a Norwich bus stop.
Witnesses said the fight erupted near the Norwich Shopper, off Dereham Road, at around 1.25pm on Tuesday, November 5.
One witness, who did want to be named, said: "There were a load of young guys - there were between eight and 10 people involved I think," they said.
"They had knives - I saw at least three of them were carrying knives."
They said they "suddenly" split up from each other and ran off towards Dereham Road.
You may also want to watch:
"I then saw two of them outside the butchers who were trying to stab each other. One of them was carrying a really big knife."
They said shop owners and workers came out of their doors and were "screaming" as the group ran across Dereham Road.
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown
A delivery driver, 23, saw at least three men run past their shop on Dereham Road from the direction of the Co-Op towards the park by Exeter Street.
"I think [the stabbings] happened in the park because after that the two guys came up to the bus stop asking for an ambulance," he said.
"I saw one of them bleeding from the face."
One of the victims had been stabbed to the torso, while the other was bleeding from a wound above his eye.
Another business owner on Dereham Road said the paramedics "really had to fight" to save one of the victims.
"The police were there immediately - it seemed like everything happened instantly," said the 65-year-old.
"One of them had been stabbed in his body and the paramedics really had to fight. I thought he was going to die. He really did look in a hell of a state.
"It all happened so quickly that by the time I looked two people were down and the police were here."
He said a group of 10 or 12 people had appeared at the scene but left quickly before police arrived.
"They didn't hang around to talk to the police," he said.
A police spokesperson said during the incident two men suffered stab wounds, and were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with serious injuries.
Police cordons were put in place, although they had been lifted by this morning.