Man and woman found dead in home
- Credit: Sarah Burgess
A police cordon remains in place after two people were found dead in a home on the edge of Norwich.
Police were called to an address in Middleton Crescent, New Costessey, at 11.30am on Saturday, July 31, following concerns for their safety.
When they arrived, officers found the bodies of a man and a woman inside the property.
A cordon was placed around the address, which is a two-minute walk from the local high school Ormiston Victory Academy.
Police are working to establish the circumstances leading up to the deaths, which are being treated as unexplained.
By Sunday morning, the area was relatively quiet — with two police cars outside the house.
The front of the property was manned by one officer, while the cordoned-off alleyway at the back of the property, on Oak Close, was manned by another.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 4 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 10 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
Just before 8am, officers began knocking on the doors of neighbouring houses.
Det Insp Matt Stuart said: "We are still in the very early stages of our investigation and officers are working to establish the events leading up to these deaths.
"However, whilst we must keep an open mind about the circumstances, our initial enquiries lead us to believe this is an isolated incident.”
People expressed their shock on a local community Facebook group yesterday.
One said: "Police are still on Middleton Crescent, more the Oak Close way and have been there since 1pm. Two cop vans and a cop car."
Another person added: "I've been watching forensics all day in and out."
A local resident said: "There are four forensic vans and the alley way is all taped off."
Another person who lives locally said: "Police have been asking when was the last time people who live there been seen."
No more information has been released so far by police.