Two arrested and 48 speeders caught in roadside operation
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A roadside check operation by police and customs agencies uncovered a string of motoring offences from vehicles that were stopped.
The multi-agency operation took place in Thetford on Thursday, November 28 with the aim of catching criminals using the roads while also targeting unsafe vehicles.
Two drivers were arrested for drug driving and driving whilst disqualified and three cars were seized by officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk roads policing and Breckland Police.
The operation also saw 48 motorists caught speeding whilst 26 traffic offence reports were issued to drivers and vehicle owners for various offences.
Revenue & Customs and DVLA officials also took part including carrying out fuel tank testing.
You may also want to watch:
In total more than 50 vehicles were stopped with just 13 being found to have committed no offences.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Former care home sells at auction for £400,000
- 10 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain