Two arrested as cannabis worth £3,000 to £4,000 is found
- Credit: Archant
A man and a woman have been arrested after a vehicle was stopped with an estimated £3,000 to £4,000 of cannabis inside.
Two people were arrested by police on suspicion of drug offences after officers stopped a vehicle in Belvedere Road, Lowestoft about 2.35pm on Tuesday, June 16.
A police spokesman said: “During a search of the vehicle and occupants, officers found over half a kilo of suspected cannabis with an estimated street value of between £3,000 to £4,000.
“A man aged 23 and a woman aged 28 were both arrested on suspicion of possession of class B drugs with intent to supply.”
The pair were taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre where they were interviewed and later released under investigation pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident should contact Lowestoft police, quoting crime reference 37/33211/20 on 101 or call the independent charity Crimestoppers 100 per cent anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 ITV Anglia News presenter Jonathan Wills leaving after 13 years
- 2 Contact tracers report pair to police for ignoring self-isolation
- 3 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 4 Bird's eye view of new £26m seaside leisure centre taking shape
- 5 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 6 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 7 Anger at new plans for landmark Victorian hotel
- 8 Family fined £300 for dumping mountain of cardboard in car park
- 9 'The real Wells people are here' - crowds stay away from coast
- 10 Luxury 12-bedroom holiday home with pool for sale for £1.5m