Norwich man caught urinating outside Prince of Wales Road takeaway in court
- Credit: Archant
A man who was caught urinating outside a takeaway by a police officer has avoided punishment at court.
Troy Yaxley, 24, of Musketeer Way, Norwich, pleaded guilty to being drunk and disorderly in a public place when he appeared at the city's magistrates' court on Tuesday.
Prosecutor Tess Mann said on December 23 last year, Yaxley had been at Prince of Wales Road when he was seen by an officer urinating at a takeaway doorway at around 2.17am.
When he was asked to stop, 'he looked at the police officer and ran away'. After a short chase, he was detained by police and taken into custody.
Yaxley, who represented himself in court, had no previous offences but was cautioned by police for being drunk and disorderly in August 2018.
You may also want to watch:
When asked by the court clerk to explain in his own words what happened, Yaxley only muttered: 'I had too much alcohol to be honest with you.'
Chairman of the bench Graham Gerrish handed Yaxley a conditional discharge for nine months, and ordered him to pay £85 court costs and £20 victim discharge.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 3 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 4 Injured man found on Norfolk beach could be linked to woman's death
- 5 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
- 6 Tributes to 'well-known, well-liked, well-respected' King's Lynn fan
- 7 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 10 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut