Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- Credit: Emily Thomson
A town’s country park remains cordoned off by police and tributes have been left, after the body of a woman was discovered.
Brandon Country Park remains closed to the public while police investigations continue into the death of a woman.
Officers were called by the ambulance service shortly before 7am on Friday, April 9 following reports that a body had been found in the water.
A 46-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where he remains.
And police confirmed on Saturday evening they had been granted an additional 36 hours to question the suspect, having been granted permission by magistrates in Ipswich.
Investigations are ongoing but officers believe the woman are the suspect were known to each other and that the incident poses no threat to the wider public.
You may also want to watch:
The death is being treated as an isolated incident and Suffolk Constabulary is particular keen to see any CCTV footage from doorbell cameras or similar devices in the area, Bury Road and surrounding streets.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Major Investigation Team either by using the online portal: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/363718M87-PO1 or by calling 101 and quoting reference 37/17570/21
Alternatively contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation