Thieves targeting Christmas decorations in rural Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A family have been left saddened after their Christmas decorations were stolen just two days after they were put up, with police also investigating another incident of a similar kind.
Two incidents of Christmas decorations being stolen, which occured between December 11 and December 12, were reported to police, one in Mattishall and one in Bawdeswell, both near Dereham.
Marie Shorten, who lives on Back Lane in Mattishall, discovered that two reindeer decorations, worth around £100, had been taken from outside of her house.
She said: 'We put them up on Sunday and the lights attached to the reindeer were cut. They even took the extension lead as well.
'We do it for the children. We always make sure they are on at 3 o'clock and they all come round and look at them.
You may also want to watch:
'I just feel violated that they have come in our garden and took that away from us. I won't let them stop me, I'm angry and sad but I will do decorations again next year.
'We have been here 24 years and this is the first time it's happened. It's a big shock when it does happen to you.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 7 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
'We were going to do a big switch-on and take loads of photos but we can't do that now.'
Police are investigating both incidents and are asking for anyone who may have any information to contact police on 101 referencing the incident number 36/78267/18 for the theft in Mattishall or 36/78132/18 for the theft in Bawdeswell.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.