Man's eye socket and nose broken in attack after England match
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Two people have been arrested after a man suffered broken bones during a late night attack.
It happened at around 11pm on Wednesday, July 7, shortly after the conclusion of England's Euro 2020 semi-final victory over Denmark.
The victim, a man in his 20s, was walking in Theatre Plain, Great Yarmouth, when he was attacked by two others.
He suffered a broken nose and fractured eye socket as a result of the assault.
Two men, one aged in his 20s and another in his 30s, were later arrested and have since been released on police bail.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for anyone with information about what happened to come forward.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident should contact Detective Sergeant Craig Lovatt at Great Yarmouth CID on 101, quoting reference number 36/48561/21.
Join our Norfolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 5 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 9 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk