Police release 10 people as probe into Norwich street brawl continues
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Ten people questioned by police following a brawl involving a number of men have been released while enquiries continue.
Officers were called to the city centre street near its junction with Magdalen Close at about 11pm on Thursday night (July 23) following reports of an altercation involving a number of men.
A large number of officers, including the dog team and armed officers, were sent to the scene.
Ten men, eight in their 20s, one in his late teens and another in his 40s, were arrested.
One person was assaulted and suffered minor injuries as a result of the brawl, which took place in Magdalen Street.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said all 10 suspects have since been questioned by police and released on bail until later in August.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries into the incident are continuing..
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 5 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 6 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 7 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 8 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 10 Motorists have fines and points cancelled over £2m speed cameras blunder