Car found full of building equipment abandoned in park after occupants flee
- Credit: Archant
Police were led on a chase through Swaffham last night, Sunday March 3, after a car failed to stop.
Officers attempted to stop a car in the town before it fled to a park before the occupants escaped on foot at 11.50pm on North Pickenham Road.
It is believed that three males fled from the vehicle.
The car was found to be full of building equipment which officers said may have been stolen.
In a post on twitter Breckland Police said: 'PC 649 and PC1941 were kept busy last night with a vehicle which failed to stop for Police in Swaffham, ending up in a park where the occupants ran off.
You may also want to watch:
'We suspect the contents are stolen but could be wrong.
'If the driver wants to claim his property call 101 and ask for PC649.'
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 5 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 10 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock