Student stabbed in Norwich fight due to be released from hospital
- Credit: Archant
A student stabbed in Norwich is still in hospital but due to be discharged soon, it has emerged.
Police were called to Bluebell Road following reports a number of people were involved in a fight during which a man in his 20s was stabbed in the stomach.
The man, who is a student at the University of East Anglia (UEA), suffered serious abdominal injuries in the incident which happened just before 3am on Wednesday, December 11.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said the man is still in hospital but is "due to be discharged soon".
Three people arrested on suspicion of assault GBH were questioned by detectives; a 20-year-old man has been released on bail until January 5 while a 19-year-old man and 20-year-old woman have been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
All three suspects are from the UEA.
Information to Norwich CID on 101.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 10 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’