Stolen car ended up 'flying 10ft into cornfield' near Mildenhall
- Credit: Suffolk Constabulary
A stolen car which has been missing for weeks has been found ditched in a cornfield.
The white Honda was stolen from a property near Mildenhall a few weeks ago.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: "Police were called shortly after 7.45am today, Thursday, August 12, following reports that a stolen car – Honda Accord – had been found in a field at Red Lodge.
"The car keys were stolen during a burglary on July 23 and they were then used overnight to steal the car from outside a property in Beck Row.
"Extensive searches, in conjunction with partnership agencies, were carried out to locate the driver but they could not be traced.
"Recovery has been arranged and enquiries are ongoing."
Any witnesses, who may have noticed the incident or manner of driver, should contact Suffolk police, quoting incident number: 37/40457/21
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 5 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 6 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
- 7 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
Fire crews helped by using their drone to help search for the vehicle.