Investigation into report of sexual assault in Norfolk park is closed
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
An investigation into a sexual assault in a Norfolk park has been closed.
Police received reports a woman in her 20s was sexually assaulted in Kett’s Park, Wymondham, at about 6.45pm on Monday, May 25.
The victim had been sitting on a bench in the park when a man she did not know approached her.
After a brief conversation, the man grabbed the woman’s bottom. She then left the park.
An investigation was launched by police and a description of the suspect, believed to be in his early 20s, approximately 6ft tall and of medium build with short brown hair, was released.
You may also want to watch:
But a spokesman for Norfolk Police said: “Following enquiries, no suspect was identified and the investigation has been closed.”
However, the spokesman said that should any new lines of enquiry come to light, they will be investigated.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 5 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 6 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
Anyone with information is urged to call police on 101.