Police called to park to break-up fight between school children
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Two school children had to be separated by police after a fight broke out in a north Norfolk park.
Officers were called to Cawston, between Reepham and Aylsham, shortly after 2pm on Monday, July 27, following reports that an 11 and 15-year-old were fighting at the recreation ground, close to the village hall.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Constabulary confirmed the incident and said: “[There were] reports of two youngsters fighting at the recreation ground near the village hall. No was injured and words of advice were given to those involved - aged 11 and 15.”
One on-looker and long-time resident, who did not want to be named, said they were “shocked seeing something like this in a typically quiet village”.
They added: “Nothing much usually happens here but when I walked to the park this afternoon there were police cars and loads of young people talking to police officers.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a very unusual sight to see.”
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets