Man admits threatening police officer with spear
- Credit: Archant
A man has admitted threatening a police officer with a spear in Dereham.
Richard Clark, 54, admitted the office, which happened at The Gatehouse, Dereham, on August 23, this year, when he appeared at Norwich Crown Court.
Danielle O’Donovan, for Clark, said there were significant mental health issues and asked for a report.
Judge Andrew Shaw adjourned sentencing until November 2.
Judge Shaw asked for reports including requesting for some input from the mental health team.
You may also want to watch:
He remanded Clark into custody, but he warned Clark: “Because I am ordering a report it does not mean I have ruled out sending you to prison.”
He said that all options would be open to the court.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
Judge Shaw asked prosecutor Hugh Vass to bring the spear, used to threaten the officer, to court for the sentencing hearing, rather than just providing a photo of the weapon.