Man who raped girl, 15, in Norwich woodland dies in prison
- Credit: Archant
A man who raped a 15-year-old girl in Norwich died in prison, an inquest has heard.
Charlie March, 42, of Moorgate Road, Dereham, admitted raping the girl in a woodland area in West Earlham.
At a sentencing hearing at Norwich Crown Court in 2017, Judge Anthony Bate said he agreed with a report which showed March posed a “high risk of serious harm” to children.
March was sentenced to seven and a half years in prison and was put on the sex offenders’ register for life.
He died at Bure Prison on Sunday May 17.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest into March’s death was opened at Norfolk Coroner’s Court in Norwich on Monday June, 1.
Area coroner Yvonne Blake said the medical cause of death was hanging.
- 1 Mother's devastation after son killed in crash 'one minute from home'
- 2 Teenager in hospital after being stabbed in group attack
- 3 Budget predictions: Furlough, wealth tax and VAT cuts
- 4 Plans for 130 homes and GP surgery backed, despite 'predatory' claim
- 5 Award-winning Norwich doctor - 'racism made me change my name'
- 6 Green light for more than 250 homes on edge of Norwich
- 7 Concern for man who has gone missing
- 8 Search continues for man missing in the Broads
- 9 Two-hour waits at vaccine centre after booking 'malfunction'
- 10 'Quite an adventure' - Missing owl found in kitchen 20 miles away
The inquest has been adjourned until April 22 next year.