Road to church blocked after complaints people met for sex
- Credit: Archant
A locked gate has been put across a country lane following complaints about people meeting for sex outside a church.
Walkers, photographers and those tending graves had complained about seeing men having sex in cars outside All Saints Church, off Sloe Lane in Rackheath.
They also reported being approached and harassed near the 14th Century building.
A large yellow gate has been placed across the lane and from this week that gate will be locked at all times.
The Norfolk Churches Trust, which looks after the building, said anyone who needs to drive to the church should contact them through their website.
A phone number will also be displayed on the gate for anyone who needs it to be unlocked.
You may also want to watch:
It was put up following a meeting between police and the Norfolk Churches Trust about how to address the problem.
Police also said patrols had increased in the area.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'