Investigation continues after reports woman raped in city park
- Credit: Evening News © 2008
A teenager arrested on suspicion of the rape of a woman in Norwich has been rebailed until the new year.
Police are investigating reports the victim, who is in her late teens, was attacked and raped in Sewell Park at about 10.30pm on Thursday, July 9.
A 19-year-old man, who police say is known to the victim, has been arrested in connection with the incident.
He was questioned by officers at Aylsham Police Investigation Centre and released on bail, initially until August 7, and then until October 8, while enquiries continue.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said the teenager has since been re-bailed until January 11.
You may also want to watch:
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has information concerning it.
Anyone with information should contact Det Con Carlos D’Silva at Norwich CID on 101 quoting crime reference 36/45874/20 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 4 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 5 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 6 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 8 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 9 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 10 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping