Police close investigation into assault of man in alleyway
- Credit: Archant
The hunt to trace a gang of young people who racially abused a man, before punching him and throwing a brick at him in an alleyway, has now been closed.
The teenage gang attacked the man in an alleyway adjacent to Amy Court, on Rotterdam Road, Lowestoft, at about 3.30pm on Monday, May 4.
The group, believed to be in their late teens, made racist comments before punching the man in his ear and throwing a brick at him – although this did not hit him.
After the attack, police said there were two main offenders in the gang. One is white in his late teens with short brown hair and wearing an Armani tracksuit. The other is white, in his late teens with short brown hair, of large build and roughly 5ft 9in.
Enquiries had been ongoing but a police spokesman said: “All reasonable enquiries have been conducted with no new leads established. The case will be filed pending any new information that identifies a suspect.”
You may also want to watch:
Information should be given to Lowestoft police – quoting crime number 37/24736/20 – on 101.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 6 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 7 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 GP warns surgery 'is at breaking point' due to village expansion