Man appears in court in Norwich on murder charge
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared at court in Norwich after being charged with murder.
Nicolae Budurus, 39, has been charged with murder following the death of Audrius Lapinskas, 30, in Peterborough on Sunday, January 5.
It followed an incident on Lincoln Road, Peterborough, at about 8.50pm.
A post mortem examination carried out on Tuesday at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge concluded Mr Lapinskas died as a result of being assaulted.
The death is being treated as an isolated incident.
You may also want to watch:
Budurus, of Lincoln Road, Peterborough, appeared for a preliminary hearing at Norwich Crown Court on Friday (January 10) having previously appeared at Peterborough Magistrates Court on Wednesday (January 8).
He will next appear for a plea and trial preparation hearing at Cambridge Crown Court on March 16.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low