Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- Credit: NSRAPT
This photograph shows just how close one cyclist came to being knocked off the road by an inconsiderate driver in Norfolk.
It happened in Great Yarmouth on Tuesday, June 22.
The footage was captured by a camera attached to the rear of the bicycle, which shows a silver car overtaking far too close.
The Highway Code states drivers should give "plenty of room" to cyclists when passing, with a minimum of 1.5m of room the general recommendation.
But in this incident the silver car overtaking is clearly far close than that to the back wheel of the bike, and therefore would have been even closer to the handlebars.
You may also want to watch:
A crew from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team was working in the area at the time.
In a post on social media after the incident, NSRAPT said: "Some poor driving observed by our cyclists such as this taken by rear camera. Respect for each other costs nothing, but can save lives."
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 6 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 7 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 10 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort