Police hold special surgery a week on from stab attack in Norwich street
- Credit: Archant
A special police surgery is being held a week after a teenager was stabbed in the street following a Norwich gang attack.
The 16-year-old, who has not been named, was knifed in the back following a fight involving 10 youths in Mountbatten Drive, Old Catton.
He sustained a fractured skull and puncture wounds to his head, arm, back and hand in the attack, which happened at about 9.30pm on Friday.
A week on from the stabbing, a police surgery was be held in Old Catton on Friday in the aftermath of the incident which has caused widespread concern in the area.
Local officers held the event at the Pavilion Recreation Ground, Church Street, in Old Catton and will return there between 9am and midday today (Saturday March 30) for a second event.
You may also want to watch:
The victim has been in hospital since the attack but was released from hospital on Wednesday (March 27) with his recovery to continue while supported by family and friends.
The boy's 36-year-old father, who wants to remain anonymous, said: 'He said to me I don't feel like its happened to me. I don't think its struck him at the moment.'
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
The victim's father spoke about his son's ongoing recovery on the same day as Norfolk Police revealed a total of 237 knives, including machetes, samurai swords, daggers, hunting knives and flick knives, had been handed in as part of a week-long amnesty.
He said the family really wanted to thank the police and medical staff who has been 'fantastic'.
The father said: 'I know its there job but I don't think some people quite realise quite how much they do. Everyone at A&E was absolutely fantastic.'
Following the attack the family have had 'complete strangers' contacting them asking how the teenager is, but despite the attention they said all their attention remains on the victim.
Three teenagers, two aged 16 and one aged 17, have been arrested and questioned by detectives in connection with the attack. They have been released on bail until April 20 while enquiries continue.
Information to police on 101.