Police stop flatbed van carrying ‘insecure’ load
- Credit: Archant
A flatbed van carrying scrap metal was stopped by police after debris reportedly fell onto the road.
Police said the vehicle's load, which included washing machines and a wheelbarrow, was not properly secured and piled high.
The van was stopped in the Fakenham area and officers interviewed the driver before reporting him at the roadside on suspicion of dangerous driving.
North Norfolk police said on Twitter: 'Vehicle stopped carrying an insecure load piled high in the Fakenham area.
'Driver interviewed and reported at the roadside on suspicion of dangerous driving after reports of debris falling onto the main road.'
You may also want to watch:
• Police have been contacted for further information
- 1 ITV Anglia News presenter Jonathan Wills leaving after 13 years
- 2 Contact tracers report pair to police for ignoring self-isolation
- 3 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 4 Bird's eye view of new £26m seaside leisure centre taking shape
- 5 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 6 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 7 Anger at new plans for landmark Victorian hotel
- 8 Family fined £300 for dumping mountain of cardboard in car park
- 9 'The real Wells people are here' - crowds stay away from coast
- 10 Luxury 12-bedroom holiday home with pool for sale for £1.5m