Warning after motorist caught doing 53mph in 30mph zone
- Credit: Archant
A series of speed checks have been carried out across Lowestoft.
Lowestoft Police have been carrying out the speed checks after “community concerns” were raised.
With the Norfolk and Suffolk Safety Camera and Central Ticket Office reporting last month that a reduction in traffic during the coronavirus lockdown had opened up the roads for some to abuse speed limits, officers from Lowestoft Police have been out in recent days carrying out speed enforcement checks.
Among the motorists stopped was one driver who was issued with a Traffic Offence Report (TOR) after being captured doing 53mph in a 30mph limit on Sunday, May 3.
Posts on the Lowestoft Police Facebook and Twitter pages said: “We’ve been out around Lowestoft over the past few days doing speed enforcement in response to community concerns.
You may also want to watch:
“Many people have been stopped and advised including this one who was doing 53mph in a 30 today!
- 1 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
“We will continue to conduct enforcement to keep our communities safe.”