Cyclist thought to have key information in Norwich rape case
- Credit: Archant Â© 2004
A cyclist who could be an important witness in a rape investigation in Norwich is being urged to come forward.
Norfolk Police said the male cyclist cycled through Wensum Park and is thought to have spoken to the victim and the suspect.
Police arrested a 20-year-old man in connection with the incident which happened in Wensum Park, off Drayton Road, on Saturday, March 6.
The incident happened around 10.30pm, around this time a man is thought to have cycled past.
Investigating officer, detective constable Ellie Myhill, said: "We’ve carried out a number of enquiries in relation to this incident and consequently believe a cyclist travelling in the area at the time could hold important information.
"The cyclist is thought to have spoken to the victim and suspect, who we can confirm are known to one another.
"We’re keen to trace the cyclist and would encourage him to come forward to help with our enquiries.”
- 1 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 2 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 5 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 6 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 8 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 9 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 10 Boss says sorry for fake worker's 'vile' comments about Prince Philip
The man has been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
Anyone with information should contact DC Myhill at Norwich CID on 101 quoting crime reference 36/14485/21.