Drugs and weapon found in police operation
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Police searches in a Norfolk town have uncovered drug and weapons offences.
Proactive patrols by both undercover and uniform officers in Thetford led to 24 searches on the town’s streets.
The discovery of a weapon led to one person being dealt with for possessing an offensive weapon.
Action was taken against nine people for Class B drug offences. Quantities of cash and drugs were serized by officers.
Meanwhile someone was also found to be breaching a community protection order and another in breach of restrictions.
You may also want to watch:
The searches in the last week were part of on-going proactive operations in the town where neighbourhood policing priorities include anti-social behaviour in the town centre area covered by a public spaces protection order.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 4 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 5 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 6 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 9 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks