Police officer assaulted during busy night in town centre
- Credit: IAN BURT
A police officer has been assaulted during a busy night for the force on a street popular with nightclubbers.
Officers patrolling Norfolk Street in King's Lynn on Saturday night (April 7) arrested several people being drunk and disorderly and drug offences, according to King's Lynn Police on Twitter.
In one incident, police arrested a 21-year-old man for a public order offence following issues with door staff at a pub in the street.
The man, upon resisting arrest, kicked the officer who was trying to restrain him in the face.
The 21-year-old has been charged with a public order offence and will attend King's Lynn Magistrates' Court for a hearing.
You may also want to watch:
A tweet from King's Lynn Police said the officer who was assaulted was 'thankfully OK'.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 10 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch