Nuisance driver who kept people awake is warned vehicle could be taken away
- Credit: Archant
An anti-social driver has been warned he could have his vehicle seized if he continues to be a nuisance.
Police served a Section 59 warning on a motorist who was "driving in an anti-social manner" in Costessey in the early hours of today (Saturday, December 28).
Police from Wymondham, who served the order on the man said he was "causing a nuisance to local residents".
Section 59 of the Road Traffic Act allows the police to give drivers a warning if they are reported to have used their vehicle in a manner which causes "alarm, distress or annoyance".
If the driver is reported to have done so again within a year, then the police have the right to confiscate the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
South Norfolk police tweeted about the warning and said: "We're listening to residents' concerns about anti-social driving and taking positive action."
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Broadband down across Norfolk as Sky internet hit by issue
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job