Police in Norwich catch drink driver who went to pick up a takeaway
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A motorist who went to collect a takeaway in Thorpe Marriott has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
Officers working as part of Operation Moonshot, an ongoing proactive drive aimed at disrupting criminals and organised gangs, came across a drink driver while on patrol in the Thorpe Marriott area.
The motorist failed a breath test at the roadside before giving a reading of 111 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 mililitres of breath.
The legal limit in the UK is 35 microgrammes.
Officers provided details of the stop on social media this afternoon.
They tweeted: '#OpMoonshotCity came across a drink driver whilst on patrol in the Thorpe Marriott area. He provided 101 at the roadside and 111 in custody! He only went to collect his takeaway 5 minutes down the road #NotWorthIt #Fatal4 #DontDrinkAndDrive.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 5 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 8 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 PRESSER: Spurs v City - Rashica major injury blow; Normann also out