Police in Norwich catch drink driver who went to pick up a takeaway
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A motorist who went to collect a takeaway in Thorpe Marriott has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
Officers working as part of Operation Moonshot, an ongoing proactive drive aimed at disrupting criminals and organised gangs, came across a drink driver while on patrol in the Thorpe Marriott area.
The motorist failed a breath test at the roadside before giving a reading of 111 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 mililitres of breath.
The legal limit in the UK is 35 microgrammes.
Officers provided details of the stop on social media this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
They tweeted: '#OpMoonshotCity came across a drink driver whilst on patrol in the Thorpe Marriott area. He provided 101 at the roadside and 111 in custody! He only went to collect his takeaway 5 minutes down the road #NotWorthIt #Fatal4 #DontDrinkAndDrive.'
- 1 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 2 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 5 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 8 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 9 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend