Police in Norwich catch drink driver who went to pick up a takeaway
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A motorist who went to collect a takeaway in Thorpe Marriott has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
Officers working as part of Operation Moonshot, an ongoing proactive drive aimed at disrupting criminals and organised gangs, came across a drink driver while on patrol in the Thorpe Marriott area.
The motorist failed a breath test at the roadside before giving a reading of 111 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 mililitres of breath.
The legal limit in the UK is 35 microgrammes.
Officers provided details of the stop on social media this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
They tweeted: '#OpMoonshotCity came across a drink driver whilst on patrol in the Thorpe Marriott area. He provided 101 at the roadside and 111 in custody! He only went to collect his takeaway 5 minutes down the road #NotWorthIt #Fatal4 #DontDrinkAndDrive.'
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland