Police still on the hunt for man who ‘glassed’ someone outside Norwich pub
- Credit: Archant
Police are still on the hunt for a man after he reportedly 'glassed' someone outside a Norwich pub.
Officers were called to The Steam Packet, on Crown Road, on Saturday, October 20 at 5.25pm.
The area was cordoned off while police investigated but it is believed that both men had fled the scene down Rose Lane.
Pub manager Christian Gray said: 'There was an argument in the pub, I closed the pub and got everyone outside before locking the doors.
'Then one guy ended up glassing someone else.'
You may also want to watch:
He added that the argument was to do with someone picking up another person's mobile phone.
Taxi driver Mike Keller said he saw commotion outside the pub.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
He said: 'I saw one bloke throw a drink over the other. The other then threw a punch, but missed.
'Then they ran off down the road [Rose Lane], one was chasing the other.'
The pub re-opened as normal for the night with live music from Come in Silence.
Police are continuing to investigate.
Anyone with information should call Norfolk Police on 101.