Police given extra 24 hours to question man in connection with fatal stabbing in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Police have until Tuesday afternoon to question a man in connection with a fatal stabbing which happened in Great Yarmouth on Wednesday night.
Detectives investigating the murder have been granted an additional 24 hours to question the man in his 60s after a detention was granted at Norwich Magistrates Court this morning.
Officers were called to a property on South Market Road at 10.20pm on Wednesday following reports a man had been stabbed.
The man in his 50s sustained serious injuries and was taken to James Paget Hospital where he died.
A man and a woman in her 50s, both from the Great Yarmouth area, had been arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was questioned and then released under investigation on Friday.
A post mortem carried out on Friday established the man died as a result of a single stab wound.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 5 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 6 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 10 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
The property remains sealed off and anyone with information should contact Norfolk Constabulary on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.