Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- Credit: NS Police Dogs Twitter
A motorist has been charged after he was found to be nearly four times the legal drink-drive limit.
Police were called following reports that a car had crashed into a wall on a village road in Somerleyton in the early hours of Saturday morning (April 10).
With officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team and the Norfolk and Suffolk Police Dog Unit responding, searches were carried out around the B1074 road in the village after the driver of the white car fled following the crash.
The Norfolk and Suffolk Police Dog Unit said Pd Harry tracked the driver into a field, with the motorist soon found "hidden in brambles in the bottom of a ditch."
In a tweet, the team revealed the driver was then arrested for drink driving.
You may also want to watch:
It said: "One en route to custody having provided a breath reading of 135ugs."
On Saturday evening, the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team confirmed the man has been charged.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 10 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident