Police continuing to investigate report of rape in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Inquiries are ongoing following reports of a rape in Norwich.
Detectives launched an investigation after a woman reported being raped in the Old Library Wood in Rosary Road in the early hours of Tuesday, September 17.
The incident happened while the victim was walking home along Thorpe Road and Rosary Road from the city centre.
Police issued an appeal for information following the incident.
A man in his 30s has been arrested in connection with the incident and released under investigation pending further inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
A Norfolk Police spokesman said the investigation is "ongoing".
Detective Inspector Chris Burgess had previously appealed to the public for information.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
He said initial enquiries suggest the suspect walked with the victim "for a short time before the attack happened".
Information to 101.