Man released under investigation following attack on city doorman
- Credit: Archant
Police are continuing to investigate after a doorman was attacked in Norwich.
David Aslett suffered shocking facial injuries after he was attacked by a group of four to five people after two of their friends were refused entry to a venue on Wherry Road in Norwich.
A man in his 30s from the Norwich area was arrested on suspicion of assault following the attack, which happened at about 6.30pm on Sunday, November 10.
The man has since been "released under investigation" pending further enquiries according to a Norfolk Police spokesman.
Collections for Mr Aslett were arranged following the attack, prompting the injured doorman to state he was "overwhelmed with the love and support from the people of Norwich" in the wake of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
- Anyone with information about the assault should call police on 101.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault