Enquiries ongoing more than two years after cyclist’s death in crash
- Credit: Archant
Investigations are continuing into a fatal crash in which a popular Hellesdon cyclist and athlete was killed.
Sze-Ming Cheung, 44, was cycling on Reepham Road, Swannington, near Reepham, as part of training for an iron man race in Italy on a bike he had built when he was involved in a fatal crash with a grey Nissan Navara on June 7, 2018.
A man was arrested in the Coltishall area last month on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre where he was questioned before being released under investigation.
A police spokesman said enquiries were “ongoing”.
The arrest came as a result of additional enquiries made into the case following a review after Mr Cheung’s inquest in July this year.
You may also want to watch:
The inquest, held at Norwich Coroner’s Court, heard Mr Cheung’s bike was struck by the Navara, which had swerved to avoid a van that had overtaken Mr Cheung’s bike.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Landlady warns community pubs are being 'crucified' by new measures
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 6 Water outages hit homes across city
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 9 People released from car after crash closes road
- 10 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140