Investigations continue following armed robbery at city store
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Investigations are ongoing after a Norwich store was held up by a masked man with a handgun.
Police were called at about 8.15pm on April 6 after reports an armed robbery had just taken place at Farm Foods off Westwick Street.
A man armed with a handgun threatened a shop worker while she was closing up.
He grabbed her round the neck and threatened her, demanding she open the safe and then stole a quantity of cash before he fled.
Armed police were deployed and a search for the suspect was carried out but he was not found.
You may also want to watch:
The investigation into the incident is still “ongoing”.
The suspect was about 6ft tall, slim, and wore a mask that covered his face. He was dressed in a black coloured hooded jumper with a white pattern or white writing on the front, and dark coloured trousers.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
• Anyone with any information should call police on 101.