Investigations continue following armed robbery at city store
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Investigations are ongoing after a Norwich store was held up by a masked man with a handgun.
Police were called at about 8.15pm on April 6 after reports an armed robbery had just taken place at Farm Foods off Westwick Street.
A man armed with a handgun threatened a shop worker while she was closing up.
He grabbed her round the neck and threatened her, demanding she open the safe and then stole a quantity of cash before he fled.
Armed police were deployed and a search for the suspect was carried out but he was not found.
You may also want to watch:
The investigation into the incident is still “ongoing”.
The suspect was about 6ft tall, slim, and wore a mask that covered his face. He was dressed in a black coloured hooded jumper with a white pattern or white writing on the front, and dark coloured trousers.
- 1 Mother's devastation after son killed in crash 'one minute from home'
- 2 Teenager in hospital after being stabbed in group attack
- 3 Budget predictions: Furlough, wealth tax and VAT cuts
- 4 Plans for 130 homes and GP surgery backed, despite 'predatory' claim
- 5 Award-winning Norwich doctor - 'racism made me change my name'
- 6 Green light for more than 250 homes on edge of Norwich
- 7 Concern for man who has gone missing
- 8 Search continues for man missing in the Broads
- 9 Two-hour waits at vaccine centre after booking 'malfunction'
- 10 'Quite an adventure' - Missing owl found in kitchen 20 miles away
• Anyone with any information should call police on 101.