London man charged in connection with Great Yarmouth stabbing
- Credit: Liz Coates
A London man has been charged in connection with the stabbing of a 20-year-old in Great Yarmouth.
Police were called to the King Street area at about 4.30pm on Wednesday afternoon (June 26) to reports that about 20 people were fighting in the street.
A man suffered two knife wounds to his stomach during the incident and was taken to the James Paget University Hospital for treatment.
Christopher Smith, 24, of Dartford Avenue in London, has now been charged with possession of a knife, attempting to cause grievous bodily harm and violent disorder.
He is due to appear before Norwich Magistrates Court on Monday, July 1.
You may also want to watch:
Four other people - three men and a woman - were arrested in connection with the incident, but have been released under investigation while enquiries continue, police said.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 8 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK