Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- Credit: citizenside.com
A woman was left with bite wounds to her hand following a dog attack.
The woman in her 30s was walking her terrier when another dog, described as a Pitbull, grabbed the terrier causing puncture wounds to his neck and back.
The owner made attempts to separate the dogs and suffered a number of cuts to her hands as a result, which required hospital treatment. The terrier also needed veterinary treatment for his wounds.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the dog attack which took place on the Old Hunstanton Beach between 3.30pm and 3.45pm on Friday, April 30.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has information concerning the pitbull and its owner, who was a man.
Anyone with information should contact PC Chris Stevens at Hunstanton Police Station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 8 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 9 Hethersett high school sends pupils home after four coronavirus cases
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146