Girl,13, grabbed by man and told not to make a noise before escaping
- Credit: Getty Images
A 13-year-old girl was grabbed by a man and told not to make any noise as she was walking down an alleyway near a supermarket.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the common assault that took place in Beccles.
It happened in an alleyway behind the Tesco supermarket on George Westwood Way in the town on Tuesday, May 25, at around 5.30pm.
According to a police spokesman, the female victim, aged 13, had left Tesco and was walking along the alleyway when a man approached her and grabbed her arm just above the wrist.
The male said not to make any noise.
The spokesman said the victim then managed to twist away from him and ran home. No injury was caused but the victim was very shocked and upset.
Anyone who knows who was responsible or saw suspicious activity at around the time of the incident should contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference number 37/27832/21.
You can also use the website, www.suffolk.police.uk/contact-us/existing-report-update
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 8 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 9 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 10 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods